Spray Foam Installation for Homes
In need of experienced insulation contractors? The Green Star Plus team installs spray foam insulation for a variety of projects. Our experience with residential properties in the Southern Indiana and Louisville, Kentucky area means you’ll never have to search for another “insulation company near me” again.
Contact our team today if you’re ready to start your project! Call (812) 256-7827 or contact us online!
What Is Spray Foam Insulation?
Spray foam insulation is an alternative to traditional fiberglass insulation. It is applied wet and quickly expands into a thick foam that fits snugly in wall cavities, crevices and gaps—therefore, it can be installed in hard-to-reach areas and around piping and wiring.
Due to its expanding properties and versatile placement abilities, spray foam insulation is a favorite of commercial and residential builders alike.
Closed-Cell Spray Foam
Closed-cell spray foam is more rigid and dense than the open-cell form and is suitable for both exterior and interior applications. It is exceptionally resistant to weather and temperature changes and acts as a vapor barrier to prevent water and moisture from penetrating your interior environment. While it is more expensive to install than the open-cell variety, closed-cell spray foam has a number of significant advantages which include:
- Can achieve twice the R-value of open-cell spray foam
- Can be applied in very low temperatures
- Increases the structural integrity of a building
- With minimal expansion, closed-cell spray foam is ideal in tight applications
- Has a higher R-value per inch than open-cell spray foam
- Needs only two inches of thickness to create an air seal
Spray Foam Insulation Installation in Southern Indiana and Louisville, Kentucky
When applied correctly, spray foam insulation offers a vast number of benefits to homes. As our name implies, at Green Star Plus we take spray foam products seriously. We have dedicated years of training in order to be the best of the best when it comes to the application of spray foam insulation. Whether you’re interested in open-cell or closed-cell spray foam or you’re uncertain what material fits your needs best, you can count on our team to guide you to the ideal choices for insulating your home effectively and efficiently.
Our spray foam installers apply spray foam insulation to homes in all of the following areas, and more:
- Basements and crawl spaces
- Exterior walls
- Attic insulation
- Around ductwork
- Insulating plumbing pipes
What Are the Benefits of Spray Foam Insulation?
- Spray foam insulation can help:
- Eliminate air leaks
- Reduce your energy bills and maximize the energy efficiency of your home or building
- Make your home or building more comfortable year-round
- Reduce noises from both outside and inside, between different rooms and levels
- Improve the performance of your HVAC systems
- Contribute to a healthier environment
Spray foam insulation should be installed by a trained professional—someone who has been trained in the correct installation safety precautions and possesses the required equipment to mix and apply the product. When installed properly, polyurethane spray foam insulation can help reduce energy costs and help improve indoor air quality. Our team has the knowledge, experience and resources that few companies can match.
Contact us online to schedule a consultation about residential spray foam, or call (812) 256-7827(812) 256-7827 to speak with a certified insulation contractor now!