Green Star Plus Insulation, LLC
Effective Date: April 21, 2023
The Policy addresses:
- What types of information may be collected from you, how it may be used and with whom it may be shared.
- What choices are available to you regarding the use of such information.
- Security procedures intended to protect against the unauthorized disclosure or misuse of such information.
- How you can contact us to correct inaccuracies in the information.
By using the Website, you are acknowledging and accepting the practices described in this Policy and in our https://www.greenstarplusinsulation.com/terms/.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect information that identifies, relates to, describes, references, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer, household, or device (“personal information” or “personal data”). Personal information does not include:
- Publicly available information from government records.
- Deidentified or aggregated consumer information.
- Information specified by certain state or federal laws which may thereby be excluded from the scope of “personal information” under some state data privacy laws, such as:
- health or medical information covered by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) and the California Confidentiality of Medical Information Act (CMIA) or clinical trial data;
- personal information covered by certain sector-specific privacy laws, including the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA), the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA) or California Financial Information Privacy Act (FIPA), and the Driver’s Privacy Protection Act of 1994.
In particular, we may have collected the following categories of personal information from consumers within the last twelve (12) months:
|A. Identifiers.||A real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, account name, Social Security number, driver’s license number, passport number, or other similar identifiers.||YES|
|B. Personal information categories.||A name, signature, Social Security number, physical characteristics or description, address, telephone number, passport number, driver’s license or state identification card number, insurance policy number, education, iployment, iployment history, bank account number, credit card number, debit card number, or any other financial information, medical information, or health insurance information.
Some personal information included in this category may overlap with other categories.
|C. Commercial information.||Records of personal property, products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.||YES|
|D. Internet or other similar network activity.||Browsing history, search history, information on a consumer’s interaction with a website, application, or advertisient.||YES|
We obtain the categories of personal information listed above from the following categories of sources:
- Directly from you. For example:
- Contact information, such as your name, e-mail address, and log-in credentials that you provide.
- Additional information about how you use our products or services or that you provide when submitting forms or complete product or service purchases.
- Comments, questions, and requests you may submit.
- Information about your preferences, such as your preferred methods of communication and the types of products and services in which you are interested.
- Details of transactions you carry out through the Website and of the fulfillment of your orders.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses and phone numbers), if you contact us.
- Any other information you voluntarily provide.
- Indirectly from you. For example:
- Device and browser information. IBP may collect technical information about your device, such as device identifier, device type and model, browser type, IP address, operating systi, language, settings and the like. IBP may collect this information automatically from your device and web browser through cookies and similar technologies.
- Information about how you interact with us. IBP may collect technical data about your usage of the Website and how you interact with the Website, such as content viewed or downloaded, features used, links clicked, and dates and times of interactions. IBP may collect this information using cookies and similar technologies.
- Usage, viewing, logs, metrics and other device and technical data may be collected when you visit our Website, utilize our Website as an end user, or open or reply to emails we send. Usage information could include the time, date, and duration of your use of our Website, your interaction with content offered through the Website, mobile ad identifiers, cookie IDs, referring and/or exit pages and URLs, interaction information (such as clickstream data), domain names, pages viewed, software crash data, and other similar technical data. Our servers may automatically keep an activity log of your use of the Website.
- Information collected from third party or public or commercially available sources or that we receive from companies that partner with us to provide the Website and/or other products and services. This may include information we receive from our advertising and market research partners, who may provide us with information about your interest in and engagient with our online advertisients.
- Web Beacons. Web beacons (also called “web tags” or “pixels”) are tiny graphics or scripts that communicate information from your device to a server. Beacons can be ibedded in online or mobile content, videos, advertisients, or emails. They allow a server to read certain types of information from your device, such as when you viewed the beacon (and thus the content in which it is ibedded) and the IP address of the device on which you viewed the beacon. We and third parties use beacons for a variety of purposes, including to analyze the use of our Website and (in conjunction with cookies) to provide content and ads that are more relevant to you.
- SDKs. SDKs are third-party computer code that we may incorporate into our mobile applications that may be used for a variety of purposes, including to provide us with analytics regarding the use of our mobile applications, to integrate with social media, add features or functionality to our app, or to facilitate online advertising.
USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may use, sell, or disclose the personal information we collect, including for one or more of the following purposes:
- To fulfill or meet the reason you provided the information. For example, if you share your name and contact information to request a price quote or ask a question about our products or services, we may use that personal information to respond to your inquiry. If you provide your personal information to purchase a product or service, we may use that information to process your payment and facilitate delivery. We may also save your information to facilitate new product orders or process returns.
- To provide, support, personalize, and develop our Website, products, and services.
- To create, maintain, customize, and secure your account with us.
- To process your requests, purchases, transactions, and payments and prevent transactional fraud.
- To provide you with support and to respond to your inquiries, including to investigate and address your concerns and monitor and improve our responses.
- To personalize your Website experience and to deliver content and product and service offerings relevant to your interests, including targeted offers and ads through our Website, third-party sites, and via email or text message (with your consent, where required by law).
- To help maintain the safety, security, and integrity of our Website, products and services, databases and other technology assets, and business.
- For testing, research, analysis, and product development, including to develop and improve our Website, products, and services.
- To respond to law enforcient requests and as required by applicable law, court order, or governmental regulations.
- As otherwise described to you when collecting your personal information.
- To evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by us about our Website users and consumers is among the assets transferred.
We may also use information from one aspect of the Website for other aspects of Website and we may combine information gathered from multiple aspects of the Website into a single user record. We also may use or combine information that we collect offline or we collect or receive from third-party sources for many reasons, including to enhance, expand, and check the accuracy of our records. Additionally, data collected from a particular computer, browser or device may be used with another computer, browser or device that is linked to the computer, browser or device on which such data was collected. We also use anonymous information, such as usage data and aggregated data, for other lawful purposes, such as to create content that others may find useful.
SHARING PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may disclose your personal information to a third party for a business purpose or sell your personal information, subject to your right to opt-out of those sales (see Personal Information Sales Opt-Out Rights). When we share personal information for a business purpose, it is done pursuant to the terms of a contract. Third parties who purchase personal information we from us prohibited from reselling it unless you have received explicit notice and an opportunity to opt out of further sales.
We may share your personal information with the following categories of third parties:
- Service providers
- Data aggregators
- Parent of subsidiary organizations
- Cookie data recipients, like Google Analytics
Disclosures of Personal Information for a Business Purpose
In the preceding twelve (12) months, we have disclosed the following categories of personal information to third parties for a business purpose:
- Category A: Identifiers.
- Category B: Personal information categories. (See California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e).)
- Category C: Commercial information.
- Category D: Internet or other similar network activity.
We may disclose your personal information for a business purpose to the following categories of third parties:
- Service providers
- Data aggregators
- Parent of subsidiary organizations
- Cookie data recipients, like Google Analytics
Sale of Personal Information
We may sell your personal information to the following categories of third parties:
- Data aggregators.
- Service providers.
YOUR RIGHTS AND CHOICES
Some state laws provide consumers with specific rights regarding their personal information. This section describes some of the rights you may have, depending on the state in which you are located, and explains how to exercise those rights.
Your rights under certain data protection laws may include the right to:
- request access to your personal data;
- request corrections to your personal data;
- request limitations on collection, storage and/or use of your personal data;
- request that your personal data not be sold (see below);
- request erasure of your personal data;
- request restriction or object to processing of your personal data, including opting out of automated decision-making;
- request transfer of your personal data in a suitable format;
- know what data is being collected
- not face discrimination for exercising such rights, and
- withdraw your consent for or opt out of information collection.
Access to Specific Information and Data Portability
You have the right to request that we disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your personal information over the past 12 months. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable request (see Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights), we will disclose to you:
- The categories of personal information we may have collected about you.
- The categories of sources for the personal information we may have collected about you.
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling any such personal information.
- The categories of third parties with whom we share such personal information.
- The specific pieces of personal information we collected about you.
- If we sold or disclosed your personal information for a business purpose:
- A list disclosing such sales, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient purchased; and
- A list disclosing such disclosures for a business purpose, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient obtained.
Deletion Request Rights
You have the right to request that we delete any of your personal information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable request (see Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights), we will delete (and direct our service providers to delete) your personal information from our records, unless an exception applies.
We may deny your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for us or our service provider(s) to:
- Complete the transaction for which we collected the personal information, provide a good or service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, fulfill the terms of a written warranty or product recall conducted in accordance with federal law, or otherwise perform our contract with you;
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities;
- Debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality;
- Exercise free speech rights, ensure the right of another to exercise their free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by law;
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 seq.) or similar state law(s);
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when deletion of the information may likely render impossible or seriously impair the research’s achievient, if you previously provided informed consent;
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us;
- Comply with a legal obligation; or
- Make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
Turning Off Cookies
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but also usually allow you to modify your settings to disable or reject cookies, including cookies for interest-based advertising. If you delete your cookies or if you set your web browser to decline cookies, however, some features of the Website may not work or may not work as designed. You can usually find these settings in the Options or Preferences menu of your browser; links to instructions provided by several of the most common browsers are below.
- Cookie settings in Google Chrome
- Cookie settings in Firefox
- Cookie settings in Internet Explorer
- Cookie settings in Safari web and iOS
You can also learn more about cookies at www.allaboutcookies.org.
Opting Out of Targeted Advertising
Third-party advertisers that use tracking or targeting tools in connection with our Website may offer you additional choices regarding the collection and use of your information (either directly or as mibers of programs or organizations). You can learn more about the options available to limit these participating third parties’ collection and use of your information by visiting websites addressing the following:
- Opt Out of Interest Based Advertising (National Advertising Initiative)
- Your Ad Choices (Digital Advertising Alliance)
- Users of our mobile apps may opt out of receiving targeted advertising in mobile apps through participating mibers of the Digital Advertising Alliance by installing the AppChoices mobile app, available here, and selecting the user’s choices.
- Your Online Choices (European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance)
Social Media Settings
If you interact with any IBP page or account on a social media platform, you may have the ability to limit the information that we may obtain from the social media platform by controlling your settings for the particular platform. For example, you may access and change your settings through the Facebook settings page for Apps and Websites. If you withdraw our ability to access certain information from a social media platform, that choice will not apply to information that we have already received from that platform.
Using Privacy Plug-ins or Browsers
You can block our Website from setting cookies used for interest-based ads by using a browser with privacy features, like Brave, or installing browser plugins like Privacy Badger, Ghostery or uBlock Origin, and configuring thi to block third party cookies/trackers.
Do Not Track
“Do Not Track” is a privacy preference that users can set in their web browsers. When a user turns on the “Do Not Track” signal, the browser sends a message to websites requesting thi not to track the user. We currently do not respond to “Do Not Track” or similar signals. For more information about Do Not Track, visit www.allaboutdnt.org.
Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights
To exercise the access, data portability, and deletion rights described above, please submit a verifiable consumer request to us by either:
- Calling us at 855-550-0007.
- Emailing us at email@example.com.
We will only respond to verifiable requests related to your personal information coming from you, or someone legally authorized to act on your behalf. You may also make a verifiable request on behalf of your minor child.
Such request must:
- Provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected personal information or an authorized representative of that person.
- Communicate your request with sufficient detail to allow us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
We cannot respond to your request or provide you with personal information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm that the relevant personal information relates to you.
Making such a verifiable request does not require you to create an account with us. However, we do consider requests made through your password protected account sufficiently verified when the request relates to personal information associated with that specific account.
We will only use personal information provided in such a verifiable request to verify the requestor’s identity or authority to make the request.
For instructions on exercising sales opt-out rights, see Personal Information Sales Opt-Out and Opt-In Rights.
Response Timing and Formats
We endeavor to respond to a verifiable request within forty-five (45) days of its receipt. If we require more time (up to 90 days), we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing.
If you have an account with us, we may deliver our written response to that account. If you do not have an account with us, we will deliver our written response by mail or electronically, at your option.
Any disclosures we provide may only cover the 12-month period preceding our receipt of the verifiable request. The response we provide will also explain the reasons we cannot comply with a request, if applicable. For data portability requests, we will select a format to provide your personal information that is commonly used and should allow you to transmit the information from one entity to another entity without undue hindrance.
Personal Information Sales Opt-Out Rights
If you are 16 years of age or older, you have the right to direct us to not sell your personal information at any time (the “right to opt-out”).
To exercise the right to opt-out, you (or your authorized representative) may submit a request to us at:
Do Not Sell My Personal Information
You do not need to create an account with us to exercise your opt-out rights. We will only use personal information provided in an opt-out request to review and comply with the request.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your rights described herein. Unless permitted by law, we will not:
- Deny you goods or services.
- Charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties.
- Provide you a different level or quality of goods or services.
- Suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
Non-U.S. residents should be advised that their personal data, including order information, may be transferred outside of their country of origin to the United States, and may be transferred to a third-party data processer (subject to appropriate safeguards and in compliance with applicable guidelines). By using the Website you consent to the transfer of your personal data, including order information, to third party data processers located outside of your country of origin.
OTHER CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
California’s “Shine the Light” law (Civil Code Section § 1798.83) permits users of our Website that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or write us at: Green Star Plus Insulation, LLC ATTN: 105 Industrial Way Charlestown, IN 47111.
CHANGES TO OUR PRIVACY NOTICE
We reserve the right to amend this privacy notice at our discretion and at any time. When we make changes to this privacy notice, we will post the updated notice on the Website and update the notice’s Effective Date. Your continued use of our Website following the posting of changes constitutes your acceptance of such changes.
Green Star Plus Insulation, LLC
105 Industrial Way
Charlestown, IN 47111